Sunday, February 13, 2022

Finding Rays of Hope

A few years ago, on a solitary walk, I came across this striking scene. I vividly recall being bathed by rays of hope and uplifting thoughts as I stood there, spellbound. Sometimes life can feel heavy, dark and stagnant. At such times, receiving a reminder of a spiritual reality beyond the material is a soothing balm to my soul. I’ve experienced how these hope-giving reminders come in a variety of forms: through encouraging words from a friend, an excerpt from a wisdom text, the breathtaking beauty of nature, and so on.

This photo reminds me of a quote that I adore: “The need of the spirit soul is that she wants to get out of the limited sphere of material bondage and fulfill her desire for complete freedom. She wants to get out of the covered walls of the greater universe. She wants to see the free light and the spirit. That complete freedom is achieved when she meets the complete spirit, the Personality of Godhead." (Srimad Bhagavatam 1.2.8 purport)

Aah, to be bathed in that "free light and spirit." How nourishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment